Phibro's strategy is based on a proven track record of combining market insight, disciplined risk management and strong client relationships to exploit attractive relative value opportunities.
- Phibro is headed by CEO and CIO Simon Greenshields, a prior member of Morgan Stanley's Management Committee and co-head of Morgan Stanley's (MS) Commodity Division.
- Earlier in his career at MS, Mr. Greenshields ran and or founded several market leading business lines including North American Power and Gas and Global Oil Trading.
- The experienced management team is comprised of other senior Morgan Stanley Commodity veterans including: Joe Delaney CFO, Martin Mitchell COO and Tom Funk Head of Trading and Marketing.
- Mr. Greenshields and his team helped build and run the #1 ranked* wall street Commodity business, generating annual revenues of over $3 Billion. * Cumulative Risk Magazine Rankings
Commodities Merchant Investing
- Phibro is developing a commodity merchanting platform via investments in a series of specialist Portfolio Companies (PCs). these companies will conduct activities within certain commodity sub-sectors (e.g. gasoline blending and distribution, power and gas etc.
- Activities include: the provision of supply and offtake agreements, relative value transactions that profit from dislocations in regional pricing, and the acquisition and optimization of undervalued commodity assets.
- Each PC will leverage the power of the Phibro name and franchise
- The Phibro Management Team is establishing and monitoring risk management policies and procedures that the PCs will be required to follow.